Thursday, April 10, 2008

A screech in the night...

Seems i always hav something to blog about after i blog...
in other words, something interesting always happens after my posts...
then i get to blog about it the next day instead...

The time was approximately 3.30am...
I happened to be on the front porch of my house, brooding, looking at the night clouds...
I could hear the car coming from the left, n i could tell sumthing was very wrong becuz of the weird noises it was making.
It sounded like it's brake was failing to grip, or perhaps the car was grinding against the kerb.
After a prolonged screeching of brakes, it crashed right into the bus stop opposite my house and came to rest after spinning a half circle, taking down the fences of 2 houses in the process.
Watching it all happen can be rather heart pounding...
I ran in for a closer look, while dialing for an ambulance... I've nvr called the hospital b4... :O
The entire bus stop had fallen inward onto the car, and there was petrol leaking onto the road.

My handphone's camera kinda suxx0rs in the night light...



There were 2 men in the car.
The 1st man was alrdy out when i got there...
When he asked me if he was alright, all i could say was "u're bleeding...", and tried to get him to sit down...
The 2nd man had it worse, he managed to crawl out by himself, i almost had to pull him out, and he had more blood streaming down his face, the really scary part was that the blood seemed to be coming out from his eyes.
He was able to walk for a bit, then he bent over and laid up, clutching his hip n groaning...
seems like internal bleeding...
All i could do was watch n wait for the ambulance...
Being the understanding person that I m, I did not take any photos of any ppl involved...

The 2 men either lived near the area or were meeting some friends near simpang, bcuz their friends or family came shortly after... there was a woman who went "omg, andrew!"
wait mayb it wasn't andrew... -.-"

And another 1 was saying "Y were u speeding? Y were u speeding?"

and the 1st guy said "I wasn't speeding!"

he looked like he was about to explain, then he just went silent.

The ambulance arrived much faster than i expected, good to know we don't pay taxes for nth...



By then, many ppl had come out of their houses to watch, even some ppl frm simpang had came all the way down... i could even recognize the Spize staff n the prata makers...

the medics laid them on stretchers and brought them off...
...
the 2 injured men that is,
not the prata men...

In all the excitement I had forgotten what footwear was, n there was glass everywhere... ow!

I wonder if their ok...
I brought the new paper at 7-eleven today, hoping to get an update...
but i found no crash...
so here's my first person perspective of the crash...
If u want to know more about what happened to them, buy the new paper tml i guess...



I took this today, theres almst nth left of the bus stop.

How do i get off at my stop now?

No comments: